19 March 2008

Culinary Mistake

Today in the cafeteria, I boldly placed a plate of what the placard called "intestines" on my lunch tray. They are serving it in a cafeteria, so I assumed it would be okay.

It tasted like a brat with slippery angel hair pasta inside. I imagined these to be the contents of the animals intestines, and I decided not to eat any more of it. It wouldn't have been so bad, but it was also served room temperature which is upsetting to my American tastes.

From what I can tell, this is what Koreans call "sundae" (talk about a false cognate!). But I don't think there will be any mistakes of the "intestines-instead-of-ice-cream" type, as it is pronounced "soon-day."

What I probably was eating was blood sausage filled with noodles. I will not likely be chancing these intestines any more, but I did eat the onions and cabbage it was cooked with.
Has anyone noticed that I am obsessed with food?

1 comment:

  1. Sundae The small and large intestines of pigs are salted and stuffed with a mixture of pig's blood, rice, green onions, garlic, ...

    ReplyDelete