13 May 2008

Back from Tokyo

So the trip was successful. I will let you peruse the photos on your own, but highlights of Japan include:

-Sleeping in a 'capsule bed'
-Vending machines that sold Coke tall-boys and Asahi beer tall-boys
-The 100 Yen menu at McDonalds (get off my back, Japan is f*ing expensive)
-Heated toilet seats with bidets and/or toilets that allow you to wash your hands with the water that is refilling the toilet tank (how clever!)
-Went to the largest metropolitan area in the world (Tokyo) to see the largest pedestrian crossing in the world and get lost in the busiest metro station in the world (Shinjuku station, which I have AKA'd as 'the nightmare zone' and 'the halls of Mordor')
-Went to a hot spring theme park and wore a sweet Japanese robe
-Kill Bill restaurant (Gonpachi)
-Shrines, shrines, shrines...
-Did I mention that Japan is f*ing expensive?
-Sushi
-A tattoo parlor and a tattoo artist named Hara (don't worry, mom, I didn't get a tattoo)
-Leaving Beckie alone for literally 15 minutes and her getting sexually harassed by a really old toothless/homeless man which she had no way of communicating except to slap his hand and run away (don't worry, once it was over we had a good laugh)

Well, that is really my last trip out of Seoul, and I really enjoyed it. Tokyo was very modern and seemed at times to be just mall on top of mall on top of underground city. I think I saw some crab people. It is the only city that I've ever felt really lost in, so I humble myself before it.

1 comment: