28 March 2008

Adorable Story

So one of the girls I tutor, Young-hyung, asked me, since I have 3 siblings, if my parents have a favorite. I said, that probably I am their favorite, but they would never actually say that out loud. ;-)

Anyway, she said since she only has one sister, she has always wondered if her parents like her or her sister more or less. Then she told me this little anecdote:

"One time, my father came to me, and he leaned down and whispered into my ear 'Here is 10,000 won, but don't tell your sister, this is only a special gift for you, because you are my favorite.' I kept the secret and I was so happy to know that I was his favorite. Then my sister, who is bad at keeping secrets came to me and said 'Dad gave me 10,000 won because I am his favorite.' I could not believe this! So we both were very angry and confronted him about this."

Anyway, I thought that was funny.

2 comments: