10 March 2008

Korean is hard.

요셉 헨리 머비

This is what my name translates to in Korean. There is really no 'f' sound in Korean, so they change most of their f's to p's. Accordingly, in Korea I am "Yo-sep Haen-ri Maw-pi." But my teacher just calls me 요셉씨 (Yo-sep-shii), or Mr. Joseph.

I have to say that Korean is hard. But I keep doing my homework, and teacher says I am quite good. I will take a picture with her soon, and post it.

Today I had class from 8am-7pm, and I learned about Japan's foreign policy formation, how to say 'I will see you tomorrow' in the mother tongue, and why America screwed up the rest of the world with their sub-prime mortgage shenanigans. This is what I look like now:

4 comments:

  1. "Fight, Megaman! For everlasting peace!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. is that Mountain Dew next to that sushi? It reminds me of Ben Stiller on Zoolander when he pours the bottle of Coke over his head during that foreign soda commercail

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah i spelled commercial wrong...I just started ENG 101!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, its called Kin Cider Zero, which is literally Diet Sprite (Coke sells it as Kin Cider in Korea).

    Usually with meals here, you only drink water without ice. And sometimes, if you feel like it, you can get either coke or spite, in a bottle, and usually you share one bottle between two or three people.

    ReplyDelete