14 April 2008

I'm back!

So I have to give you a brief rundown of last week:

April 8th: After class, board the airport bus and depart for Hong Kong. Arrive to see Matt Oxner's smiling face. Head back to his apartment and stay up all night talking.

April 9th: Jessica makes banana pancakes for breakfast. Head to street markets to get some Nintendo accessories for my cellphone and backpack. Get a tour of central Hong Kong/Victoria Harbour. Go shopping at H&M. Dinner at sushi restaurant.

April 10th: Walk around Tai Po with Matt for most of the morning doing low-impact exercises designed for the elderly. I'm not joking. See the local temples and catch up on old times. Later that evening we go out for my BIRTHDAY! How many people can say they've spent a birthday being drunk with a bunch of English teachers in downtown Hong Kong?

April 11th: All three of us are groggy, so we sleep in a bit, and then head up to see the Tian Tan Buddha. Simply beautiful. Perfect cloudy weather. Then we watch a few South Parks.

April 12th: Get up and get some dimsum with Jessica for breakfast. She takes me to the bus stop where we part ways. :'-(

Basically, it was the best birthday I've ever had. Matt and Jessica got me an Indiana Jones lego action playset (see video below) and were being ridiculous and buying me drinks and transit cards all week. It was definitely a week I will never forget, so a big thanks to the both of them.

If you want to see pictures from the trip, just click here. They are in reverse order.


1 comment:

  1. i'm laughing so hard right now at that movie.
    bravo!!

    ReplyDelete