18 April 2008

Seoul N Tower & K-pop

Last night, I took two of my classmates to Seoul North Tower, which is on top of a mountain that used to be a fortress. The tower was initially used as a transmission tower, and was in use during the Korean War. But now they have lit it up beautifully at night, and you can tour the observation deck, which gives a 360 degree view of Seoul.
View from the ground

The City!

Bridges crossing the Han River

Padlocks put on by couples!

Becky, in the subway with our favorite Korean soap opera star, Yoon Eun Hye of "The First Shop of Coffee Prince."

And as a side note, K-pop is really getting to me. I must have heard about the same three songs over and over and now I know some of the lyrics, and can sing along. Here are some links to their associated videos. With some notes about what I find hilarious about each one.

-Mighty Mouth's "Sarang Hae" ("I Love You"): the opening line in this song is "This song goes out to my so SPECIAL lady."

-Big Bang's "Lies": Korean rap artists like to roller skate! (See 1m:25s) They are an unruly, slightly threatening roller skating gang.

-The Wonder Girls' "Tell Me": the Korean response to Soulja Boy's "Superman;" pure delight.

And if you are wondering if people actually dress the way they do in these videos, a. they do and b. I've seen much crazier clothing in the subway than on these videos.

Peace.

3 comments:

  1. WHERE ARE THE UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i hate you just a little bit for having me watch those videos...

    miss you!

    ReplyDelete